Did you go through a divorce recently and have questions about child support? Read these 3 child support questions, then call our attorney to get started.
1. How Do I Determine Child Support?
- The courts base child support on your income and the amount of children you have.
- You will be generally charged 17% of your gross income for one child, 25% for two children and 29% for three.
- If you have multiple child support orders, these will also be reviewed.
2. How Long Do I Have to Pay Child Support?
- You must pay child support until your child reaches the age of 21.
- You can request a modification of child support if your child is no longer financially reliant on you.
3. Can Child Support Payments Change?
- Your child support payments will be reviewed every three years.
- Support can be changed if your income has gone up or down 15%.
Did you recently go through the divorce process and have questions about child support? After checking out these 3 child support questions that we are often asked, contact experienced Rochester Family Law Attorney Michael Schmitt for dedicated legal advice.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel