3 Child Support Questions
Did you go through a divorce recently and have questions about child support? Read these 3 child support questions, then call our attorney to get started.
1. How Do I Determine Child Support?
- The courts base child support on your income and the amount of children you have.
- You will be generally charged 17% of your gross income for one child, 25% for two children and 29% for three.
- If you have multiple child support orders, these will also be reviewed.
2. How Long Do I Have to Pay Child Support?
- You must pay child support until your child reaches the age of 21.
- You can request a modification of child support if your child is no longer financially reliant on you.
3. Can Child Support Payments Change?
- Your child support payments will be reviewed every three years.
- Support can be changed if your income has gone up or down 15%.
Did you recently go through the divorce process and have questions about child support? After checking out these 3 child support questions that we are often asked, contact experienced Rochester Family Law Attorney Michael Schmitt for dedicated legal advice.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Download Our Free New York Family Law Guide
Your details will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be passed on to any third parties. Thank you!