Rochester Child Custody Lawyer
Skilled Counsel on Children’s Issues in New York Family Law
If you need a Rochester Child Custody Lawyer that can help with legal problems such as child support, child custody or enforcing your rights as a noncustodial parent, contact our experienced Rochester Child Custody Lawyer, Michael D. Schmitt. We offer free initial consultations for people who need advice about parent-child relationships in divorce, separation or paternity situations.
Skillfully Handling Child Custody Matters in Rochester
Our experienced Rochester Child Custody Lawyer understand that custody and support issues can generate a lot of anxiety and resentment between the parents. We help our clients understand their legal rights and responsibilities, then look for ways to protect your interests In the most efficient manner available.
We advise family law clients about children’s issues across the range of legal problems:
- Child custody and visitation in divorce or separation
- Child support for divorcing or unmarried parents
- Paternity under New York law
- Modification of child custody or child support arrangements
- Enforcement of child support or custodial arrangements that go into default
- Proposals to relocate a child away from Greater Rochester or nearby communities
- Child support or custody issues in military divorce
- Effect of domestic violence issues on child custody or visitation rights
It’s essential to understand that disputes over custody will be resolved with the best interests of the children in mind, not the preferences of the parents. Our experienced Rochester Child Custody Lawyer can help you understand what that might mean In your situation, and help you define your objectives in practical terms.
Download Our Free New York Family Law Guide
Your details will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be passed on to any third parties. Thank you!
We’re proud of the level of client service we provide to parents.
If you are facing a custody matter in New York, contact Rochester Child Custody Lawyer Michael Schmitt to fight for you and your family.