Are you going through separation and have questions about modifying child support? Check out this article, then give our lawyers a call today.
Child Support Components
Many times as an experienced Rochester Child Support Lawyer, I am asked what is involved when it comes to paying child support.
- Along with a percentage of your income, you must also pay part of the amount for any medical care, dental work, vision correction, or any daily child care expense.
- The amount you must pay is based upon your income and your ex’s income.
Support Modifications Based on Job Loss
I was recently asked as an experienced Rochester Child Support Lawyer if a child support order can be modified based on loss of employment.
- You can modify your child support obligation based on job loss or change of custody with your child.
- You will not be able to modify your child support order if you quit your job.
- Your support order could be increased if your income is raised.
Modifying an Order if the Child Changes Residency
Oftentimes as a Rochester Child Support Attorney, I speak with my clients about modifying an child support order, when the child changes residency.
- If your child moves in with you, you must file a change to the original order.
- You will not longer be obligated to pay child support once completed.
Have you been ordered to pay or receive child support and have questions about modifying child support? Contact our experienced Rochester Child Support Lawyer for strong legal knowledge.
Like us on Facebook