Did you recently get a divorce and have questions about child support? Check out these 3 child support tips, then contact our Rochester lawyer today.
Determining Child Support
- The courts base child support on your income and the amount of children you have.
- You will be generally charged 17% of your gross income for one child, 25% for two children and 29% for three.
- If you have multiple child support orders, these will also be reviewed
Options to Collect Child Support
- Child support can be paid parent to parent, or can be done through the Child Support Enforcement Unit.
- The Child Support Enforcement Unit will garnish the wages and seize income of the parent if they fail to pay.
Child Support Timeline
- You must pay child support until your child reaches the age of 21.
- You can request a modification of child support if your child is no longer financially reliant on you.
Read Our Free Family Law Guide
Are you wanting to know how child support is determined in New York? Check out these 3 child support questions, then contact experienced Rochester Child Support Attorney Michael Schmitt for dedicated legal advice.
Like us on Facebook