Did you recently get a divorce and have questions about child support? Check out these 3 child support tips, then contact our Rochester lawyer today.
Determining Child Support
- The courts base child support on your income and the amount of children you have.
- You will be generally charged 17% of your gross income for one child, 25% for two children and 29% for three.
- If you have multiple child support orders, these will also be reviewed
Options to Collect Child Support
- Child support can be paid parent to parent, or can be done through the Child Support Enforcement Unit.
- The Child Support Enforcement Unit will garnish the wages and seize income of the parent if they fail to pay.
Child Support Timeline
- You must pay child support until your child reaches the age of 21.
- You can request a modification of child support if your child is no longer financially reliant on you.
Are you wanting to know how child support is determined in New York? Check out these 3 child support questions, then contact experienced Rochester Child Support Attorney Michael Schmitt for dedicated legal advice.
Like us on Facebook