Have you been charged with a criminal offense and have questions? Read these 4 criminal defense tips, then call our Rochester attorney today.
1. Should I Talk to the Police?
- The police will try to make you feel relaxed in order to get you to talk.
- The police may try to make you think they are your friend.
- The police are looking for a statement or an admission of guilt.
- Do not to speak to the police unless you have an attorney present.
2. Being Investigated by the Police for a Crime
- You should immediately call an experienced Criminal Attorney if you are being investigated for a crime.
- Do not talk to the police without your Criminal Attorney present.
3. Do I need to Cooperate with the Police?
- You are legally allowed to refuse to answer any questions, and perform field sobriety tests.
- If you do not talk to the police, they can not acquire enough data to determine whether you were driving drunk.
4. Consequences for a First Time Arrest
- If you are arrested for a first time offense, your criminal lawyer will be able to negotiate with the District Attorney to avoid a criminal record.
Have you been arrested or charged with a criminal offense and have questions about these 4 criminal defense tips? Contact our experienced Rochester criminal defense lawyers today for a free consultation and case evaluation.
Like us on Facebook