Have you been charged with a DWI? Check out these 5 common DWI questions for guidance, then contact our Rochester attorney to get started now.
1) What is Important to Know About a License Suspension from a DWI?
Many times as an experienced Rochester DUI Attorney, I will be asked if you can get a suspended license from a DWI.
- If you are found not guilty, you will have no driving restrictions.
- If you are found guilty for your first DWI offense, you will receive a suspended license after 20 days.
- You will be required to enroll in a Drinking Driver Program put on by the DMV.
- Once you complete this class, you will receive your normal license back.
- You will only be allowed to take this class once, every five years.
2) What Should I Know About an Underage DWI Conviction?
As an experienced Rochester DWI Attorney, I am often asked about what can happen if a child is arrested for underage DWI in New York.
- New York state’s Underage DWI Law is named “Zero Tolerance Law”.
- If you are arrested under New York’s Zero Tolerance Law, you will be facing increased license restrictions then an adult who is charged with DWI.
3) What Should I Know About Being Charged with DWI of Marijuana?
I am commonly asked ask a Rochester DUI Lawyer, what can happen if you are charged with a DWI for Marijuana.
- There are no tests that Police can complete in order to issue a DWI for Marijuana arrest.
- The Police must use their observation in order to arrest, and then you will be reviewed by a Drug Recognition Expert.
4) What are the Differences Between DWAI and DWI?
Oftentimes as an experienced Rochester DWI Lawyer, I will be asked by a client the differences between a DWAI (Driving While Ability Impaired, and a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated).
- If you are charged with a DWI, you will be charged with a crime.
- If you are charged with a DWAI, this is a traffic infraction and you will be given a ticket.
- DWAI is less serious of an offense than DWI.
5) What Should I Know About a DWAI by Drugs?
I am frequently asked as an experienced Rochester DWI Lawyer what can happen if you are charged with a DWI for Drugs in New York.
- If you have been arrested for DWI for Drugs, you will be charged with DWI and DWAI (Driving While Ability Impaired by drugs) which are two separate charges.
- You will be evaluated by a Drug Evaluation Expert to detect drug intoxication.
Have you been charged with a DWI? After checking out these 5 common DWI questions, contact our experienced Rochester DWI lawyers today for a free consultation and case evaluation.
Like us on Facebook