Were you charged with a crime? Here’s what you need to do: read this article for guidance, then contact our Rochester lawyer to get started.
Consequences for a First Time Arrest
- If you are arrested for a first time offense, your criminal lawyer will be able to negotiate with the District Attorney to avoid a criminal record.
- If you are arrested for shoplifting or petty larceny for a first time, you will be charged with lesser penalties.
- Attorney Michael Schmitt is able to resolve cases without criminal convictions or jail time.
- You will be charged based on the amount of marijuana you possessed.
- You will also be charged based on your previous arrest records.
- Penalties can go up if you were intending to sell the marijuana.
- We are able to attain a non-criminal record for the offense.
- You may be required to attend a drug and alcohol evaluation.
Felony Vs. Misdemeanor
- If you are charged with a felony, you can end up spending time in prison.
- Misdemeanors are less serious but can still cause a lot of problems for you.
Consequences of a Felony Conviction
- If you are convicted for a felony conviction you could face serious time in prison which can then include probation.
- When you are arrested for a felony, probation can last up to five years.
Have you been arrested or charged with a crime? Here’s what you need to do: contact our dedicated and experienced Rochester criminal defense lawyer today for a free confidential consultation and legal case evaluation.
Like us on Facebook