Have you been arrested or charged with driving while intoxicated? Check out these 3 DWI tips for guidance, then call our Rochester attorney to get started.
DWI License Suspension
- If you are found not guilty, you will have no driving restrictions.
- If you are found guilty for your first DWI offense, you will receive a suspended license after 20 days.
- You will be required to enroll in a Drinking Driver Program put on by the DMV.
- Once you complete this class, you will receive your normal license back.
- You will only be allowed to take this class once, every five years.
Underage DWI Conviction
- New York state’s Underage DWI Law is named “Zero Tolerance Law”.
- If you are arrested under New York’s Zero Tolerance Law, you will be facing increased license restrictions then an adult who is charged with DWI.
DWI by Marijuana
- There are no tests that Police can complete in order to issue a DWI for Marijuana arrest.
- The Police must use their observation in order to arrest, and then you will be reviewed by a Drug Recognition Expert.
Have you been arrested or charged with Driving While Intoxicated in New York and have questions about our 3 DWI tips? Contact experienced Rochester DWI Lawyer Michael Schmitt to defend you.
Like us on Facebook