Have you been charged with a DWI and need legal assistance? Check out these 4 DWI tips for guidance, then call our Rochester lawyer to get started today.
1. Field Sobriety Tests
- You can see tests that may include-
- Repeating the Alphabet.
- Counting from 1 through 20, or any variations.
- Finger to Nose test – You lean your head back and are required to touch your finger to your nose.
- Walk and Turn Test – You must walk several steps on an imaginary line.
- One Leg Stand Test – You must stand and raise on leg for a period of a few seconds.
- A police officer may use a Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus test to see the movement of your eyes.
2. The Consequences of a DWI Conviction
- You will be required to a pay a fine, a DMV surcharge and you will also have your license suspended.
- You may be eligible for a conditional license.
- You will need to attend a Victim Impact Panel.
3. Receiving Two Tickets for DWI
- The first charge you will receive is “Common Law Driving while intoxicated” which is based on the observation of the arresting police officer.
- You will be charged with a Driving While Intoxicated charge if you take the breathalyzer and blow over a .08 BAC.
4. Should I Take the Breathalyzer Test
- If you refuse to take a breathalyzer test, you could face a suspended license for up to one year.
- Taking the test is advisable if you have had only a few drinks. If you take the test when you have been heavily drinking, the results could hurt you even more.
Did you or a loved one get pulled over or arrested for a DWI in Rochester? Check out these 4 DWI tips, then contact our experienced Rochester DWI Lawyer for a free consultation.
Like us on Facebook