Are you going through the divorce process and have questions? Read these 3 divorce facts, then call our Rochester lawyers to schedule your legal case review.
- Uncontested Divorces are meant for short term marriages.
- You must not have children, or have their situation already worked out.
- You have no shared marital property.
- Property that is earned during marriage is subject to be split between parties.
- Generally, this is a fifty fifty split between the couple.
- Separate property is property that you possessed either before the marriage or after the divorce started.
- You can attain separate property during a marriage through inheritance, as long as marital money is not used on it.
Are you going through a divorce and are seeking legal assistance? After reading these 3 divorce facts, contact experienced Rochester Divorce Attorney Michael Schmitt for knowledgeable help.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel