Are you in the process of a divorce in Rochester and have questions? Check out these 4 divorce tips for guidance, then call our attorneys to get started now.
1. Important Divorce Issues
As an experienced Rochester Divorce Attorney, the most important divorce issue that I come across is with children. The biggest issues that people will face in divorce are:
- Child support obligations
- Child custody and visitation
- Marital and personal property separation
- Spousal maintenance and support
2. How Long it Takes to Get Divorced
- Many times as an experienced Rochester Divorce Attorney, I will have clients ask me how long a divorce will take from beginning to end a Divorce can be as short as two-three months.
- Depending on the complexity of the divorce, the time goes up.
3. Cost of a Divorce
Often times as a Rochester Divorce Attorney, I will get asked how much it costs for a divorce.
- Your fees will range based on the complexity of your divorce issues.
- Our law office offers flat fees for divorces.
- You will never need to worry about unexpected fees.
- Attorney Michael D. Schmitt is available to answer all your questions.
4. Cost of a Retainer for a Divorce
As a Rochester Divorce Lawyer, I am always asked how much it costs to retain me as your divorce attorney.
- If we are dealing with an uncontested divorce, you will be required to pay a retainer of $1000.
- If we are dealing with a contested divorce, you will be required to pay a retainer of $2000.