4 Divorce Tips
Are you in the process of a divorce in Rochester and have questions? Check out these 4 divorce tips for guidance, then call our attorneys to get started now.
1. Important Divorce Issues
As an experienced Rochester Divorce Attorney, the most important divorce issue that I come across is with children. The biggest issues that people will face in divorce are:
- Child support obligations
- Child custody and visitation
- Marital and personal property separation
- Spousal maintenance and support
2. How Long it Takes to Get Divorced
- Many times as an experienced Rochester Divorce Attorney, I will have clients ask me how long a divorce will take from beginning to end.A Divorce can be as short as two-three months.
- Depending on the complexity of the divorce, the time goes up.
3. Cost of a Divorce
Often times as a Rochester Divorce Attorney, I will get asked how much it costs for a divorce.
- Your fees will range based on the complexity of your divorce issues.
- Our law office offers flat fees for divorces.
- You will never need to worry about unexpected fees.
- Attorney Michael D. Schmitt is available to answer all your questions.
4. Cost of a Retainer for a Divorce
As a Rochester Divorce Lawyer, I am always asked how much it costs to retain me as your divorce attorney.
- If we are dealing with an uncontested divorce, you will be required to pay a retainer of $1000.
- If we are dealing with a contested divorce, you will be required to pay a retainer of $2000.
Enter Your Email To Get Our Free New York Family Law Guide
Your details will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be passed on to any third parties. Thank you!
Are you facing divorce and would like to know the big issues you will face? After checking out these 4 divorce tips, contact our experienced Rochester Divorce Attorney Michael Schmitt for a free consultation and legal case evaluation.
Like us on Facebook